My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Life and Love in the Gay World

As people we are obviously drawn to be with other people. Even those of us who long for our alone time desire the companionship of friends at some point. But then comes that pesky topic of love. That thorn in our side that longs for a relationship. Is it really meant to be that difficult? I am 26 years old. I have not been in a long term relationship for almost 5 years. My last long term was in college with the most amazing guy. He moved off to Los Angeles and we dont talk anymore, but he will always have a place in my heart. His memory does not keep me form moving on, but rather the memory reminds me that love is possible.

So why does it seem difficult for a cute, stable, honest, intelligent guy like myself to find a guy to date. Am I too picky? Too scared to try again? I don't know. Actually, if I looked deep down I would probably be able to find the answer. Maybe I am just not ready. I am taking time off of dating right now to get to know myself better. Get to know who I am. Then I think I will be ready to find the person to spend my life with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home