My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

I Am A Democrat But....

They really pissed me off this week...

I do somewhat side with the Democratic idea that the war in Iraq has gotten way out of control and our progress is not where it needs to be...however...their latest action just screams of self sabotage and it pisses me off.

When Turkey is one of our biggest allies with what is going on with terrorism and the war in Iraq, why would you pass a resolution condemning the genocide of Armenians by Turkey back during World War I?

I agree that genocide is absolutely horrible, despicable, inexcusable...

But the timing of this is very troubling for me...What is the point that the Democrats are trying to accomplish here? It seems that it would be more applicable to the US if we condemned the way our own country treated Native Americans, etc...

The Armenian lobby must be very powerful in Congress.....

Even Bill Maher (a staunch Democrat) discussed on his talk show that he didn't know what the Democrats were thinking...

Part of me wonders if they even know....

2 Comments:

  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Ktarra said…

    This struck me odd as well. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face?

    What are they trying to accomplish? Alienating our allies so that they refuse us permission to use not only their airspace but their bases as well? That's really going to help our troops in Iraq.

    I really have to wonder what the ulterior motives here are?

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger savante said…

    The poor Turks aren't having such a great time there either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home