My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I Know There Is A God - Because Only God Could Love People!

Have you ever just gone out of your way to be nice to someone only to have them treat you like shit? I just do not understand how people act the way they do. It simply blows my mind.

I mean...people have the ability to just be total shits!

It does not matter if they are family, friends, strangers, co-workers, or whatever. They can be absolute assholes, and what amazes me more is that they do not even care.

I used to like people. I used to be a people person. Not anymore!

But now...only now..do I realize why I have quality alone time each week. Because if I did not, then I would not be able to deal with the shits I see the rest of the time!

6 Comments:

  • At 12:27 PM, Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said…

    Don't give up on your fellow men/women just yet. Yes, we are all capable to being kind of crappy, but most of the time most people are kind...focus on them.

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Matthew:

    To quote Jean Paul Sartre, "Hell is other people".

    There's no reason to think too much about it, the bad form others exhibit is not a reflection on you; but a reflection of them. Thus, take it in stride and realise that the best response is to be as polite as possible whilst still remaining firm in ones' convictions. Hope all gets better for you. Cheers!

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger abnitude said…

    i understand exactly what you are saying and i think you are right. the worst part is that there are many good souls out there, in fact i try to believe that the good outnumber the bad. but, i think the shits stand out thus shadowing the nice. its too bad that we allow the bad to rule, but they do and i tink will continue to. i firmly blieve that the bad get paid back in full; you just have to understand and feel satisfied that you may not be privy to seeing it.

     
  • At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Jeff said…

    I've been around a long time. I've been a good person, but that is forgotten soon. And the truth is that there are many good people out there; BUT THERE ARE A BUNCH MORE ASSHOLES WAITING TO SCREW YOU OVER. Like the saying goes "Hold your friends close, but hold your enemies closer."

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Anonymous heather said…

    well ofcourse there are some real jerks out there but as a woman in my church always said "I refuse to let your bad attitude change my sunny disposition!" Her name was Mona Angell and she was an angel. She always knew just the right way to deal with people and their issues. She was truly a blessing! Unfortunately she passed on almost two years ago now, but I hold onto many of her words of wisdom.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Heather - agreed!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home