My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Ann Coulter Calls John Edwards a Faggot - And The Right Just Laughs!

Since when is calling someone a derogatory name that most of society agrees is derogatory acceptable? When you are Ann Coulter and the so called MORAL MAJORITY of the REPUBLICAN RIGHT WING supports and financially maintains you.

Ok..so I can accept the fact that social conservatives do not agree with homosexuality. I can accept that they do not support gay marriage. I can accept that they believe it is a sin to sleep with someone of the same sex.

But why has it become acceptable in political circles to refer to an obviously straight man as a "FAGGOT" only in the name of being derogatory and spiteful. Coulter pathetically tried to defend her comment as a "schoolyard" taunt.

Would Coulter have ever thought of using the most obvious derogatory words in referring to Barack Obama as a N***** or Bill Richardson (a hispanic) as a SPI*.....

Of course not.

So where is the so called MORALITY of the MORAL MAJORITY now?!?!?

I think it is ironic that they refer to themselves as the Moral Majority. Where is their morality towards mankind? Where is their so called love of people? It seems to me that when the political "right" talks about morality they only mean it in the context of when you agree with them.

I for one think that is sad.

Would any self-respecting Christian want Ann Coulter as their mouthpiece? As their representative to the rest of the world?

In the name of Jesus, I hope not!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:48 PM, Anonymous heather said…

    This one just begged to be responded to. I used to like Ann Coulter. She is a very talented writer in that she obviously knows how to get people talking, but as of late she has gotten more than a little out there. I would almost daresay if she keeps it up she's going to be so far right she'll find herself next to the left!

    Her comment was very out of line, but here's the thing I tell my kids to ignore people who call them names. Name calling really shows the person's immaturity. They are not worthy of a response. However I am not naive enough to think that Ann will just go away if we all ignore her. She is adeptly skilled at getting attention. So I wish I could give you all the same advice I give my kids, but I guess that probably won't work with her.

    But I do agree with my brother that she was way out there and come on there is a time and place for bare knuckle politics but even then there are some lines that should never be crossed.

    I don't particularly care for edwards but I will say he was not deserving of such a comment. Atleast she should have stuck to something that was true!

    Gotta run!

    See ya little brother!

     
  • At 2:33 PM, Blogger Ryan Charisma said…

    Amen. You're absolutely right. I live near her here on the UES of NYC and every time I see her I will openly and loudly address her as C*NT - without fear or hesistation.

    I'll then explain to anyone nearby that it's only a joke.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home