My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Schick Quattro - For Me....Not So Good

So I went and spent 10 dollars on the new Schick Quattro...and then I went and spent about 10 more dollars on a new cartridge of replacement blades. Then I took it home.

I must say that this is (for me) quite possibly the worst razor I have ever used. Not only was it rough and irritating on my skin, but the shave was not nearly as close as I am used to with just a basic razor.

I have to say that the Gillette Mach 3 was better than this.

And when I turned on the vibrate button that allows the blades to vibrate as they move across your skin(...supposedly this is to provide a closer shave...) the irritation only increased.

I think after I was done I counted approximately 17 - 18 red bumps on my face and neck from the razor. Thank God for some good aftershave to take away the irritation.

I am sure that for some people, this razor has been good, but for me, it is the worst purchase I have ever made and I will be returning to the store to buy another brand soon.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Anonymous Jason said…

    I agree, Gillette is the way to go. I used to use the Mach 3 but I switched over to their Fusion and it's my favorite. The closest shave I've ever had and the blades last longer than most.

     
  • At 9:39 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Really? I will try Gillette Fusion - i have heard good things about it

     
  • At 12:18 AM, Blogger J Z Brooklyn said…

    I paid a lot of money to have a professional shave done at a place on Madison Ave in NYC and they told me the Mach 3 is the best razor out there. I have always had major problems shaving and they told me to shave twice, once with the grain and then once against it. It takes a lot more time, but my neck is much happier now. Too bad I didn't learn this when I started shaving 20 years ago!

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Blogger crf22000 said…

    I always used an electic shaver, as a regular razor always cut up my face......last year i switched to Gillette MP3 w/battery...it vibrates the razor...no cuts, totally awesome..i think Fusion is smilar...will not go back to Norelco ever again

     

Post a Comment

<< Home