My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanksgiving Is Almost Upon Us - What Am I Thankful For?

The last few days at work have been so stressful. I have almost reached the breaking point time and time again. So I thought I would make a list of some of the things I am thankful for in my life right now just to make sure I keep perspective on things. This is not an all inclusive list...just some things that come to mind.


I am thankful for my best friends in life.
I am thankful for my family
I am thankful for the new friends I have made in Atlanta
I am thankful for coming to Atlanta over 1 year ago
I am thankful for the memories I hold from Dallas
I am thankful for my job that pays my bills
I am thankful for my new car :-)
I am thankful for my new apartment
I am thankful for that little voice in my head that reminds me to do good
I am thankful for my conscience
I am thankful for my photographs of the people in my life
I am thankful for new beginnings
I am thankful for random acts of kindness
I am thankful for renewed hope in the goodness of people
I am thankful for the promise of tomorrow
I am thankful for the release of leaving yesterday behind
I am thankful for alone time
I am thankful for the people who love me all over the world
I am thankful for my coffee in the morning and tea at night
I am thankful for good wine and pleasant conversation by candlelight
I am thankful for goodnight kisses
I am thankful for sweet dreams
I am thankful for hot water in the winter and a cool pool in the summer
I am thankful for coffee shops
I am thankful for walks in the park
I am thankful for time
I am thankful for happiness and joy
I am thankful for smiles that make me laugh
I am thankful for tears that make me grow
I am thankful for good times and bad for the make me a better person
I am thankful for second chances
I am thankful for being one of a kind
I am thankful for vodka - any flavor will do
I am thankful for all those things I have not listed but are present in my life
I am thankful that I have more things to be thankful for than can be put in one list

9 Comments:

  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Spider said…

    What a beautiful list - I am thankful you posted it... hope you have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving...

     
  • At 8:11 PM, Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said…

    Great job...Happy Thanksgiving. I think I will post something similar today or tomorrow.

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Blogger savante said…

    Always good to have things to be thankful for :) And what was that bit about different vodka?

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I LOVE VODKA :-)

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Anonymous hb jock said…

    Awwwww we're thankful that you're around handsome.. *BIG KISS* Now hurry up and get your ass over here for a visit :)

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Scotty said…

    Sometimes it really IS good to pause and think of all the things we are thankful for. One thing I am thankful for is good friends all over the world due to a little thing called a blog. I count you among them.

     
  • At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great list bruv.
    That's the spirit :)

     
  • At 2:51 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    I agree - even though life is sometimes rough, it is always good to remember the good things!

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Jon Cox said…

    Absolutely Beautiful!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home