My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Friday, October 27, 2006

I Am Back - And I Am In A New Apartment!

Ok everyone - I know I have been gone for a little while but I have been busy with work and with moving...Some great things have happened since I last posted...not only in my personal life with moving but also at work.

But yes...that is right - I moved into a new apartment. I live by myself again. I have moved into the Post Biltmore Apartments in the heart of Midtown Atlanta. I am so excited. I am in the heart of Midtown nightlife, bar-life, club-life, etc. I have a ton of friends that live in the area so I am very excited. I think it will be so much fun to live in this area.

I will miss my best friend Samuel so much but I think it is best for him and for me that we also have our own places to grow and develop. I have learned so much from him in the last year and it has been great to get reconnected to him. I have known him 10 years and I look forward to the next 10 and beyond.

As far as work goes, I was awared the Distinguished Performance Award at work. I am now in the running to win a trip to Disneyworld next year so I am pumped. It is always nice to be rewarded at your job when you do work hard.

So now that I live in a new apartment, I needed all new furniture. So...to celebrate I went to IKEA and spent 200 dollars on new furniture. I had never been to IKEA before so it was an awesome experience. That store is so big. I was shocked at how much I found there that I wanted to buy. So yeah..I spent 200 dollars and that got me a lot. More specifically, that got me the following:

A two tier coffee table
A computer desk
A chair
6 new towels
4 new candle holders
200 tea lights
A new shelf with awesome black curvy brackets
2 new trash bins
Floor mat for the bathroom
Two black mesh small container for the bathroom
A new set of kitchen knives
A new set of silverware

Phew - and I think I am forgetting something! Ha ha - IKEA rocks

I will post some photos soon - my place ROCKS!

I hope everyone is doing well out there!

12 Comments:

  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger steve'swhirlyworld said…

    Hey Matt, welcome back, and I'm glad you found my most favorite store in the world. It's NUTS to spend more on furniture. IKEA is practical, functional, affordable, and easy to move. I used to buy really heavy furniture - it's doesn't make sense.

    Also, congrats on the recognition at work. Great job!

    You sound happy.

     
  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Thanks Steve - I am happy - I am very excited about my new place as well...

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger David said…

    Good luck in your new home, sounds like youre going to be having a lot of fun there !

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Spider said…

    WELCOME BACK and WELCOME HOME! Your place sounds wonderful... can't wait to see the pics!

    Let me know when you are coming to Orlando when you win your Disney World trip!

     
  • At 9:16 PM, Blogger Stammhirnlied said…

    Huge congrats m8, it's good to hear that you're moving on up. Ikea is like the Borg: Resistance is Futile! And doing up a new place has great alchemical potential, as whichever way u chose to express your inner self, it loops back emotionally and physically (mind ur shins on that coffee-table ;-) Crossing fingers for that Disney trip, believe me, it's worth all the hype :)

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger BRETTCAJUN said…

    That looks SOOO MUCH BETTER THAN where you used to live. Wow boy! :) What's the occassion? A new BF?

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Topher said…

    Oh wow. COngrats bro. Yea, Ikea's awesome. I have yet to go a store but I love it regardless :D

     
  • At 1:34 AM, Blogger savante said…

    Never been to IKEA!? You bad gay man! :) Can't wait to see your spanking new apartment!

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous nettie said…

    Wow, how'd you land a location like that?

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Blogger Jason said…

    Congrats on your new place! Can't wait to see the pics. IKEA is heaven ;)

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Jason - i agree - IKEA rocks - i have a great deal on the apartment....things are great :-)

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Freudian Slip said…

    That's quite a bit of stuff for $200 bucks. I just might have to check it out. I'm afraid for my wallet once my wife sees the size of that place though...
    Matt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home