My So Called Life - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Embrace life -- both the sweet days and the bitter...embrace the joy and the sadness...the successes and the defeats -- for all of these things, both good and bad, have made you who you are.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Drunken Stupor - Another Night out at the Bars

The date at Uncle Julio's went well. It was good food and good company. Afterwards, my date went to meet up with some of his friends that he had a prior arrangement with. I went to the Round Up.

The Round Up is the gay country bar here in Dallas. From the moment ya walk in, Cowboys everywhere. I love it! I had such a good buzz from all the margaritas at Uncle Julios that I thought I shouldnt waste it.

I show up at the Round Up at 9:30 pm. Yes very early for the night scene but I thought why the hell not...get a running head start on the drinking for the evening. So I go to my favorite bar tender who calls my name to the rooftops when he sees me gives me my drink of choice without asking and my Bank of America Credit Card gladly opens up a tab.

I am just sitting around drinking and watching the karaoke performances (which were quite tragic). My friend Greg comes up and starts talking to me. Greg is possibly the funniest guy I know. I am always bent over laughing every time he is around me. He dressed up one evening in drag and looked so much like a woman that I walked up to him said "Hi" and "Excuse Me" and did not even recognize him. He is a dead ringer for Jaime Lee Curtis...

I was supposed to hang out with my friend David who drove about 30 minutes in from Plano but I was so drunk and out of it that I think I only hung out with him for about 20 - 25 minutes which I feel really bad for. When I am drunk, all reality is gone....as it is for most people.

I apparently drunk called my friend Sam 3 times....and left these long ass messages each time. He played them back for me. They were actually pretty funny...at least I thought. Sam is just glad I did not wake him up.

My friend Steve got some guys number. Go STEVE!

I went home alone as I always do. I dont type this out of disappointment, but rather as a heads up to everyone reading this who might think "Wow...he was drunk off his ass, I bet he got him some."

NOTE** I do not hook up from bars. No matter how drunk I am, I do not go home with strangers from the bars. I prefer to actually date. Ok before I go off on that tangent, let me say that I dont have any problem if someone does hook up from a bar. I dont care what grown adults do...it's just not for me. I never seek to judge anyone else for their actions so by all means Hook-It-Up!

Even now I dont remember how much I actually drank. I had 3 margaritas at dinner plus 3 watermellon shots plus about 5 - 6 vodka cranberries. Needless to say I was 3 sheets to the wind. I could have had more to drink but I just cant remember.

I got home and ate my Wendys (yes I know its bad for you) and finally went to bed at about 3:45 am.

So I wake up this morning at 7:56 am cst when I have to be at work at 8:00 am - yikes! I call the manager on duty and apologize for being late. I make it to work by 8:30 am and I am on the phones making calls out by 8:45 am.

My head was killing me. Yes I was hungover, but the only ill-effect was me being 30 minutes late for work which sucked b/c I am usually never late. I made all my contacts for the day which was good and by 2:00 pm when I left work, my hangover was basically gone. I came home and crashed b/c I obviously needed sleep.

So here I am sitting at my computer around 10:45 pm wondering what the night will bring. My friend Andrew wants me to go out with him tonight. I think I will but I am not going to get anywhere near as drunk as I did last night. I dont think my body could take it!

Ok so I am calling Andrew on his cell phone at this very moment. I am going out...

4 Comments:

  • At 1:09 AM, Blogger Jim said…

    Hello, my name is Matt and I have a Vodka Cranberry problem.

    HI MATT!!! :)


    Glad you made it through the day!

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Brian said…

    craziness, it sounds like good times. Round Up is usually the best place to meet nice people. The worst though, is when you dont' know that the cops (surveiling for underagers) wear black T's and dark jeans ... I totally hit on a str8 cop once, he was cool about it though. I bought him a beer and left him to it, poor guy, had to give it away.

    ~B

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Kree Kra said…

    I want to meet a cop. I met a firefighter a couple of weeks ago in Houston...but he was "separated" and had 2 children. So naturally, I did the trashiest thing possible and exchanged numbers with him. (I was drunk) The next day, I screened all 4 of his calls.

     
  • At 8:21 PM, Blogger Matthew said…

    Damn ker,

    Arent you the little ho...just kidding - you cast your spell on that poor-separated-in-need-of-dick-firefighter...ha ha

    have you talked to him at all?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home